Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tell Vs. Say

Tell vs. Say

Tell:

말하는 사람 + Tell(현재)/Told(과거) + 말듣는사람 + to Verb + 므순 ..

Example:

I Told Helen to open the door.

Helen Told me not to be lazy.

Say:

말하는 사람 + say/says (현재)/said(과거) + 므순 .”.

He said “Don’t be lazy.”

Helen said, “I will go to Pohang, this weekend.”

Tell vs. Say question

Tell questions:

Who

What

When

Where

Why

Which

How

Noun/Adjective/Adverb

+ Told + Subject + to+ Verb

Who Told You to eat out today?

Who Told You to do that?

Who

What

When

Where

Why

Which

How

무슨

+ Do/Did + Subject + Tell +

When did you tell Helen, you were going out?

Where did you tell Joon you were going to eat?

Who did you tell Susan, you were going to meet?

Why did you tell them you weren’t home?

Did you tell him your plans for tonight?

Did you tell her your where you live?

Did you tell your friends about our party?

Who

What

When

Where

Why

Which

How

무슨

+ said +

Who said,”I am crazy?”

Who said,”I didn’t go to Namsan today?”

Who said that?

Who

What

When

Where

Why

Which

How

무슨

+ Do/Did + Subject + Say +

Who Did Shawn Say this to?

What Do you have to say for yourself?

When Did I Say, ”I hate Kim chee?

Who Did Shawn Say this to?

How Do you Say that?

No comments: