Friday, May 12, 2006

Vocab 3 Practice Dialogue

Customs Broker Dialogue:

A: Elite Customs Broker, how may I direct your call?
B: Yes, may I speak to Mr. Lee please?
A: One moment, I’ll put you right through.
A: Mr. Lee speaking.
B: Hello, this is Reese, I want to check to know how long my product will be in quarantine?
A: Your products will be in quarantine for about a week.
B: Thank You, when will it clear customs?
A: It should clear customs right after the quarantine.
B: And what is your fee?
A: Our minimum fee is 30,000won or .025%, whichever is greater.
B: Thank You.

Freight Forwarder Dialogue:
A: When will my order be ready to pick up?
B: It will be ready for pick up on May 22nd.
A: Will you break down the fee for me please?
B: Sure, for air, it is $1.85 per kg plus a .30 cent fuel charge per kg and .15 cents security surcharge. There will also be a trucking fee of $300 and a $55 handling fee.
A: How many pallets will this order have?
B: There are 8 pallets.
A: Then can I have it sent FCL?
B: I’m sorry for FCL, you’ll need 2 more pallets to fill the container.
A: I know but, the FCL price will be cheaper than the LCL price.
B: Let me see what I can do and I will call you back, is that OK?
A: That sounds good, when will you call me back?
B: Later this afternoon.

Buyer/Seller/Agent Dialogue:
A: I’m interested in your products here, who’s your supplier?
B: I’m sorry I’m not at liberty to disclose that information. Will you sign the NCND Agreement please.
A: I won’t sign anything until you tell who the supplier is.
B: As I said previously, “I’m not at liberty to disclose that information.” Let’s sign the NCND first and then we can discuss this matter seriously.
A: I’m sorry I need to know who the supplier is, so that I can make sure the quality is good.
B: Sir, do you plan to circumvent me?
A: No, it’s not that at all, I just want to make sure it’s a good supplier.
B: If you don’t sign this NCND, we can not go any further in our discussion. Have a nice day.


Tip: If you want an American Fax number at no charge please go to www.efax.com and you can receive an American Fax number there. If you have any questions please email me and I will register it for you.

No comments: