Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Vocabulary Dialogue

Confidentiality Dialogue #1:
A: Hello Jesse, did you receive our confidentiality agreement over the fax?
B: Yes, we just got it. We’ll sign it and fax it right over. I do have one question though.
A: Yes, how can we help you.
B: Once we sign this, can we start the negotiations?
A: Yes, we can, Please mail us the original with the signatures.
B: OK, we’ll do that.

Confidentiality Dialogue #2
A: Hello Jesse, I want to follow up on our discussions, can we do business?
B: Sure we will need to do a conference call with the Vice President of International Sales.
A: What is the next step in the process after the conference call?
B: Then we will prepare a draft and go to contract thereafter.
A: Sounds great, when can we set up the conference call.
B: The VP of Sales will be available next week.

Confidentiality Dialogue #3
B: Due to the sensitivity of this call, we will be on a secure line (encrypted call).
A: Hello, Jean, this is Jesse, I have Toni on the line with me.
B: Hello Jean, nice to meet you.
C Hello Toni, nice to meet you too. Well, I understand that you want to publish our magazine. What is the population of your country?
B: There are 48 million people.
C: So, what is your projected annual circulation?
B: About 5,000 paid subscriptions per year.
C: Do you understand our fees?
B: I’m sorry, Jesse hasn’t informed me as of yet.
C: There’s an annual royalty of $50,000US and 10% of your monthly advertising revenues.
B: I understand. How soon can we go to draft?
C: I’ll have my secretary fax you and FedEx you the draft right away.
B: Thank you, it was a pleasure meeting you.
C: Likewise.


















Dialogue #1:
A: Hello, I recently had my products picked up from your warehouse, can you fax me the packing slip?
B: Sure, we can do that. What is your invoice # please?
A: My invoice number is SI – 7956.
B: Excellent, I’ll fax right over. Would you like me to fax it to your efax number?
A: Yes, please. How many pages is the packing slip?
B: Fortunately it’s only one page.

Dialogue #2:
A: Hello, what is the ETD from the Los Angeles port?
B: The ETD will be on Mar 12th at 5:00am.
A: Then what is the ETA for Port of Pusan?
B: The ETA will be around the last week of March.

Dialogue #3:
A: Hello Tom, I have a problem.
B: What’s the problem?
A: I have a 6 pallet order in Texas and a 4 pallet order in California, and I don’t want to pay the LCL rates for the shipping.
B: I have great news for you. We can truck the 6 pallets in Texas to California and combine it with your California order and we can send it FCL from the port of Los Angeles.
A: Thank you Tom, you’re genius, you saved my life.
B: You’re welcome. Just doing my job.

Dialogue #4:
A: Hello Tom, I’m calling to follow up on the referral I sent you.
B: Yeah, Toni, we closed the deal. It’s signed, sealed and delivered.
A: What is commission on your finder’s fee?
B: We pay a 10% commission on all finder’s fees.
A: Since I’m here in South Korea, can you wire me the commission?
B: Sure thing.

Dialogue #5:
A: Hello Mr. Kim, my products are in quarantine right now, how long will it be in quarantine?
B: It will be in quarantine for about 3 to 5 days.
A: Why do food products have to be quarantined?
B: It is to make sure that there are no diseases or other problems.
A: OK, fair enough. Please call me when the quarantine is finished.
B: Sure.
A: What is the next step after the quarantine?
B: There will be an inspection of the items.
A: What do they inspect?
B: Make sure the product matches the ingredients.
A: Thank you.
B: You’re welcome

No comments: