Monday, April 17, 2006

Price Negotiation/Quantity Negotiation

today's lesson


Basic quotation questions

Can you give me a quote for (quantity) units/pieces/pairs of (products)
Example:
Can you give me a quote for 5000 units of Flash Memory Chips?
May I have a quote for 5000 pairs of pants?
Can you give me a quote for 5000 pieces of dress shirts.

It is (price) per unit/pair/piece.
It’s $5.00 per unit
It’s $8.00 per pair
It’s $10.00 per piece.

Can you give me a quote for 5000 units of Flash Memory Chips?
It’s $11.00 per piece.

Basic price negotiation questions:

Do you offer a quantity/volume discount?
Yes, we offer volume discounts for orders over quantity pieces/units/pairs.
Yes, we offer volume discounts for orders over 10,000 pieces.
Yes, we offer volume discounts for orders over 25,000 units.
Yes, we offer volume discounts for orders over 50,000 pairs.

No, we don’t.
I’m sorry we don’t offer a volume discount.
I’m sorry our prices are set/fixed.

Even if they don’t have a volume discount, you can still negotiate.
What if we order quantity pieces/units/pairs of product, can we get a volume discount.
What if we order 10,000 units of Chips, can we get a volume discount.

Their answer:
I’m sorry, our quantity discounts start at quantity units.
I’m sorry, our quantity discounts start at 30,000 units.
Our volume discounts start at 50,000 units.
No, we don’t.
Conversation:
Scenario 1:
Q. Can you give me a quote for 10,000 pairs of pants?
A. It’s $7.50 per pair.
Q. Do you offer volume discounts?
A. Yes, our quantity discounts start at 50,000 pairs.

Scenario 2:
Q. Can you give me a quote for 5,000 units of sunglasses?
A. It’s $12.00 per unit.
Q. Do you offer volume discounts?
A. No, we don’t.
Q. What if we order 15,000 units?
A. I’m sorry our prices are set.

Scenario 3:
Q. Can you give me a quote for 1,000 bottles of Weight loss pills?
A. It’s $11.50 per unit.
Q. Do you offer volume discounts?A. Yes, we offer volume discounts for orders over 3,000 bottles.

No comments: